Kama Ayurveda Ubtan Soap Free Body Cleanser Review
Product Claims :- This invigorating body cleanser is packed with essential herbs and minerals so as to promote healthy and fresh skin. Traditionally used after Ayurvedic treatments to clean skin, it can be used as an alternative to soap. A combination of finely powdered herbs, cereals, pulses and nuts with no harmful laurel sulphates, this formula softens and smoothes while effectively cleansing and exfoliating. Amongst its many powerful ingredients are Oatmeal, Green Gram, Almonds, Neem, Turmeric and Fennel. Regular use will balance and retexturize the skin helping reduce the appearance of cellulite. Warming and stimulating, it leaves you feeling alert and refreshed with skin that is noticeably smoother and glowing.
Ingredients-Kama Ayurveda is a well-known brand with some excellent natural products. This ubtan from the brand has the following ingredients
Turmeric–Turmeric is a regular ingredient of several products and DIY beauty treatments. It has antiseptic properties and helps in reducing inflammation.
Almond-Almond is a rich source of Vitamin E and helps in nourishing the skin. It moisturizes, softens and keeps skin healthy. Almond oil is excellent for treating dry hair.
Neem-A commonly available tree in India, Neem is known for its medicinal properties. It acts as a blood purifier, is an antibacterial and a treatment for several conditions like dandruff!-You can read more about effective home remedies for Dandruff HERE.
Oats-Oatmeal is not just a delicious breakfast item, it is a treat for the skin too. It is a gentle cleanser and a moisturizer.
Fennel-These aromatic seeds have antioxidant and anti-aging properties. Fennel seed water is a wonderful toner for the skin.
How to use: Mix some powder into the hand with water to make a wet paste. Apply to moist skin. Lightly massage with circular motions and rinse clean to lift dead skin and release oil, toxins, and environmental pollutants.
Price-INR 750 for 120 grams.
My Experience- I was so delighted to find trial packs of Kama Ayurveda Ubtan Soap Free Body Cleanser along with Kama Ayurveda Foot Scrub and Jwalini Retexturizing Skin Treatment Oil on nykaa.com. I like to use products that are natural and Kama Ayurveda is one brand that makes chemical free products. This soap-free body cleanser is an amazing product from this brand and I am completely loving it. It is gentle on the skin and I like how refreshing it smells. The best part is that it is a natural substitute over soaps that are harsh on the skin and cause excessive dryness.
What I like about the product:
- Kama Ayurveda Ubtan Soap Free Body Cleanser has an impressive ingredient list. Turmeric, Almonds, Neem, Oats and Fennel are known for several proven beauty benefits.
- It is an effective product for cleansing. It leaves skin smooth with regular usage.
- It is a coarsely textured powder which acts as a light exfoliator too.
- Kama Ayurveda Ubtan Soap Free Body Cleanser is an excellent substitute over chemical loaded products. It is gentle on the body and does not dry out the skin.
- I have used this ubtan on the face as well and found it perfect. It is gentle enough for use on the face and softens the skin.
- It is a completely natural product which is made of ayurvedic ingredients.
- It can be used on all skin types. You can use it even on sensitive skin.
- This body cleanser has a pleasant herbal fragrance. It smells mainly of fennel.
What I don’t like about the product:
- Kama Ayurveda Ubtan is a mild cleanser that can be used on the face and body. However, it is not the right product if you wish to remove makeup or want to use it on the body after a workout.
- While I like the fragrance, many people will not be happy with the strong fennel smell.
Verdict- Kama Ayurveda Ubtan Soap Free Body Cleanser is an excellent product for mild cleansing and exfoliating. It cleans and softens the skin leaving it brighter after regular use.
Although it is not a substitute for makeup removers, you can use it in place of your regular soap few times a week.