Lotus Herbals White Glow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Cream Review
Product Claims: WHITEGLOW™ Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Creme is a breakthrough formula from Lotus Herbals that lightens, whitens and brightens your skin.
Lightens- It lightens skin’s tone by reducing uneven pigmentation.
Whitens-It unveils visibly fairer skin by reducing dark spots.
Brightens-It enhances skin’s radiance naturally.
Key Ingredients: Grape, Mulberry, Saxifrage Extracts and Milk Enzymes.
How to use: Use every day in the morning and evening all over face and neck after cleansing thoroughly with WHITEGLOW™ 3 in 1 Deep Cleansing Skin Whitening Facial Foam. For synergic effect, use in conjunction with WHITEGLOW™ Intensive Skin Whitening & Brightening Serum.
Price: INR 255 for 40grams.
Packaging: Lotus Herbals White Glow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Crème comes in a jar with a silver plastic lid. The packaging looks elegant and I really like the White-Silver combination. However, the jar is bulky and cannot be conveniently carried in a handbag. I am not a fan of jar packaging for several reasons:
The product gets contaminated if not handled properly and the efficacy of the ingredients is affected after coming in contact with air.
It is important to ensure that wet and dirty hands are not used while using the cream.
The cream should not be exposed to air for too long or the ingredients will lose their effectiveness.
My Experience: I have dry skin that needs proper hydration and I look for products that are rich in moisture. Although I was a little skeptical before using Lotus Herbals White Glow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Cream, it turned out to be suitable for my skin. It is very humid these days and this cream gets absorbed easily and provides necessary moisture. I am happy that it has SPF 25 and PA+++. I use it under my sunscreen which means two layers of sun protection :-).
I have been using Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening & Brightening Massage Cream and Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening & Brightening Nourishing Night Cream for a few weeks now and will soon post the reviews of these two products.
What I like about the product:
- Lotus Herbals White Glow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Cream is light and easily absorbed into the skin. Its application is easy and it disappears magically into the skin without leaving an unwanted sheen.
- It is excellent for use during humid summers when the skin requires light moisturization. I used it regularly for several weeks and my skin never felt dry.
- This cream is meant for all skin types. Since it has a light texture, people with oily skin will be able to use it without worrying about breakouts. However, I recommend doing a patch test before using this product.
- Lotus Herbals White Glow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Cream has SPF 25* and PA+++ ** which provide protection from UVA and UVB rays making it suitable for daily use. However, please do not replace your regular sunscreen with this cream. It is recommended that a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher should be used on the skin for ensuring maximum protection from the harmful rays of the sun.
- This cream is reasonably priced and more affordable than many day creams available in the market.
- Lotus Herbals products are easily available at most retail outlets. You can purchase these products from most online sites as well.
What I don’t like about the product:
- This cream is perfect for moisturizing skin, do not expect any miraculous lightening or brightening results. Although this product claims to lighten, whiten and brighten skin in 7 days, it is difficult to believe that any product can improve skin tone, eliminate dark spots and treat hyperpigmentation in a week. However, if you are looking for a cream that hydrates well, then you will not be disappointed with it.
- The packaging is not travel-friendly. I wish it was more compact.
- Lotus Herbals White Glow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Cream comes in jar packaging which is not considered hygienic and the ingredients in the jar lose their effectiveness few days after coming in contact with the air.
- This cream contains Parabens. Parabens are a class of preservatives used in the cosmetic industry and concerns have been raised about their effect on health.Those who avoid using products with parabens will not be happy with the ingredient list.
Verdict: I was looking for a cream that provides ample hydration and was happy with the results. Lotus Herbals White Glow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Crème helped in maintaining my skin by providing sufficient moisture and I really like its light, smooth and creamy texture. However, I will have to replace it with an ultra-hydrating moisturizer in winters when my skin is dry and parched.
If you are looking for a formula which offers more benefits than hydration, this is not the right product for you.
- * SPF 25–SPF 25 means that this sunscreen provides 40 times the protection of no sunscreen.
- **PA–Refers to the protection from UVA rays.PA+ provides the least protection while PA+++ provides maximum protection from UVA rays.
You can check out the product and buy it HERE
Have you used Lotus Herbals White Glow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Cream? Share your experience with us in the comments section below!